We’re looking for a creative & resourceful product manager to partner with our engineering, design, legal and operations teams to formulate solutions to the complex challenges of our rapidly growing marketplace. The Product Management team is small and is built on mutual respect, high trust, and high autonomy. You'll work with a strong, entrepreneurial, and product-focused group of engineers and designers in a highly collaborative environment.
This role requires a leader who thrives in ambiguity, identifies opportunities and moves fast to capture them, and has an unrelenting tenacity. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and influencing skills and uses data to guide his/her decision-making.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineering, design, operations and legal teams to build solutions that deliver increasing value to Chipper Cash customers
- Expertly navigate ambiguity to develop a comprehensive product strategy including product roadmap, requirements, and go-to-market plan to deliver on business goals
- Be a strong advocate for users by achieving deep understanding and empathy through ongoing customer development, user research, and competitive analysis
- Prioritize and build innovative solutions using lean product and design thinking approaches
- Define, understand, and lead the analyses of key metrics to inform decision-making, product
- 5+ years of product management experience building consumer web and mobile products
- Experience working with engineering and product teams with Agile, Lean, and XP principles
- Oversee new feature development from start to finish: Ideation, Inception, Error/Risk mitigation, timely delivery, initial release, and data feedback gathering for informing future development
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items
- Bias for Execution; you focus on defining the right MVP, making difficult trade-offs and shipping effective features
- Exceptional Curiosity; you’re unafraid to ask questions, tinker, and learn to help drive product success
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources to identify key insights, pinpoint optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Experience with SQL
- Strong leadership mindset focused on lifting those around you to achieve stronger results together
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a massive impact on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users. Enjoy working from home? Coffee-shops? Co-working spaces? Pick any of the above! Our team is fully remote. The Chipper team is truly global - on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
If you’re interested, or you’d like to learn more, please send an email to [email protected], containing:
- A brief (1-3 sentence) introduction to yourself
- Up-to-date resume
- LinkedIn profile link
- Any other information or links that we might find useful, such as a professional portfolio, or a side-project that you’re particularly proud of
We have high standards for who we hire. We will be sure to send a response to all submissions with a decision on whether or not we will be moving forward, and we just ask that you please do not take personal offense if you are not chosen to continue with the interview process.