Customer Support Analyst
Flexible: Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana (office or remote depending on location)
Our Customer Operations team is at the heart of Chipper, as it is the first point of contact with our customers and the one who knows most intimately the struggles and hopes of customers. Most important is the team’s ability to respond to customers with empathy and work alongside customers to solve their problems. The CS team also works closely with the Legal & Compliance, Product, and Marketing teams. It’s about much more than resolving tickets. It’s about helping us also find solutions that will prevent customers from having problems in the first place and help us deliver on the promise of Chipper working like magic.
What you will be doing
- Providing customer support to the best of your ability by talking directly and honestly with our customers, and developing a deeper understanding of their needs for a digital wallet service.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums, based on our customers needs; whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
- Proactively identifying patterns in the user frustrations and expectations of customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make their lives easier. Working with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defense to help spot and investigate trends.
- Dealing with tricky payments-related queries; investigating the missing bank, mobile money, card, and other various transaction types and helping manage the customers with their Chipper onboarding.
- Liaise with company management to support and implement growth strategies focused on customer satisfaction and feedback.
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams. Plus, being the first point of call for customer complaints to make sure that they’re treated fairly and can share their thoughts and concerns.
- Supporting other members in the customer support team by being a point of escalation for other customer operation agents and assisting others that join the team.
- Familiarity with the customer operations role will allow you to expand your knowledge to other areas of customer operations and the company in general. This ranges from the Product teams to the Compliance teams etc!
What we are looking for
- Be self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivated.
- Have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We're still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds.
- Be comfortable with asynchronous conversations and an understanding of your coworkers roles.
- Be open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
What's in it for you
- Competitive compensation and benefits package based on experience
- Flexible work hours and schedule
- Be part of a company growing at a rocketship pace solving a real problem