This position supports the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), to gather, assess and interpret data in order to provide relevant written and visual talking points, trends, patterns and other metrics to various cross- functional teams.
Are you someone who wants to keep digging through various data sources to find answers to important business and risk questions? Do you enjoy researching and investigating unusual trends and patterns to identify the root cause and solve problems? Does the process of using data to support complex investigative teams to combat criminal activity sound appealing?
We are looking for someone like you who can support data analytics for a fast-growing compliance team providing support to metric reporting to senior leadership and enhancing investigative techniques and protocols.
What you’ll be doing
- Acquire, document and interpret data from primary and/or secondary data sources, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Help develop and implement data analyses & data collection strategies to help optimize statistical efficiency, data quality and transparency.
- Provide written and visual interpretation of complex data, trends & patterns and provide recommendations for improved monitoring and mitigation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish business goals and needs and support those efforts using data analysis.
- Provide recommendations for data cleansing and data hygiene to improve data quality.
- Possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience of project management and related experience.
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred (in Mathematics, Computer Science, or Statistics) or experience equivalent (certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sectors a plus).
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- Extensive experience analyzing large datasets.
- Experience working in visual analytic platforms a plus (e.g., Tableau, IBM i2, Looker, Palantir).
- Gained experience operating effectively across globally dispersed teams.
- Have demonstrated experience to independently manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, responsibilities, and competing priorities for yourself and the team.
- Possess excellent written, verbal English communication and analytical skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to a diverse audience.
- Be a self-driven, self-starter. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision.
- Have a global mindset. Even at our small size, we have a team that represents 10+ countries, and our global footprint of customers will continue to grow.
- Be comfortable with the uncomfortable, goals that is!
What's in it for you
Your role will support multiple initiatives to help the compliance team better understand data, data elements, analyze data to turn it into information which can offer ways to improve processes, mitigate risk and affect important business decisions. You will work with the CCO, Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Head of Legal, Risk Management & Compliance, multiple Global Program Managers (as well as all of the support teams within these leader’s support structures) to promote a transparent data driven team through collaboration and cross-functional partnerships. Your position will be analytical with an emphasis on creativity as you help streamline investigatory processes, analyze trends and patterns, and help develop new queries and dashboards.